Re: Storing, accessing type information at run time

Nikola Petrov <petrov@gr.opengroup.org>
29 Jun 1999 02:58:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Storing, accessing type information at run time xenophon@irtnog.org (1999-06-27)
Re: Storing, accessing type information at run time petrov@gr.opengroup.org (Nikola Petrov) (1999-06-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Nikola Petrov <petrov@gr.opengroup.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Jun 1999 02:58:38 -0400

> Queinnec's Scheme-to-C compiler in _Lisp in Small Pieces_ tags each
> Scheme object (idea #1 above).

I can't help you a lot but I would only comment that, as far as I know
Queinnec, he did most of Scheme compiling with the idea for it to be
1. easy, and 2.distributed. If that is your intention, than the
proposed approach seems to be inevitable. On the contrary, if you wish
to optimize a compiler for a single machine, then probably typing
would better be global. This approach is mostly imperative thinking
and probably another reason for Queinnec to avoid it.
      Just the thoughts of one of his students.
Nik