Re: URL's to opimization rules of thumb (C language)

"Bill A." <bill@megahits.com>
19 Jun 1999 17:52:10 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
URL's to opimization rules of thumb (C language) sd@obninsk.ru (Sergey) (1999-06-12)
Re: URL's to opimization rules of thumb (C language) bill@megahits.com (Bill A.) (1999-06-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Bill A." <bill@megahits.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Jun 1999 17:52:10 -0400

Sergey wrote in message 99-06-042...
> But I don't know C compiler who can generate call in line /* 3 */
> with address (ADDR_HELLO_WORLD+7) instead of dedicating
> separate storage for string "World !!!".

Borland C compilers have done this for years. The Softools' 8-bit
Z80/Z180 C compiler also does this. As this isn't that difficult to
do, I'm surprised they all don't do it.

Bill
[If they don't do it, that's because they think that strings shouldn't
be read-only, not because it's hard to collect them together. -John]