yacc question

Pavel Grinfeld <levap@rcn.com>
29 Apr 1999 00:47:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
yacc question levap@rcn.com (Pavel Grinfeld) (1999-04-29)
Re: yacc question miano@colosseumbuilders.com (1999-04-30)
Re: yacc question rkrayhawk@aol.com (1999-05-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Pavel Grinfeld <levap@rcn.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1999 00:47:33 -0400

Hi,

I'm in a major yacc predicament.

I'm using C++. I have defined a custom type YYSTYPE which is a class
containing a bunch of other classed with constructors and
destructors. I would like to rely on instances of this class calling
their distructors when they "go out of scope". To put it another way,
I need freshly initialized instances of this class whenever I need
another variable of this type. From what I understand this does not
happen.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Can anyone suggest a good
workaround as I am at a complete loss!

Many thanks in advance!

Pavel

levap@rcn.com
[That's why yacc and C++ hate each other. People can probably suggest
a variety of workarounds. -John]