Re: parsing ".h subset" of c

derek@knosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
29 Apr 1999 00:36:27 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parsing ".h subset" of c ekoskimaa@tne01.tele.nokia.fi (1999-04-26)
Re: parsing ".h subset" of c nr@labrador.cs.virginia.edu (Norman Ramsey) (1999-04-29)
Re: parsing ".h subset" of c derek@knosof.co.uk (1999-04-29)
Re: parsing ".h subset" of c jerry.pendergraft@endocardial.com (Jerry Pendergraft) (1999-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: derek@knosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1999 00:36:27 -0400

All,

> I need a c-parser which parses ".h subset of c", namely
> c-files containing usual header declarations such as
> type definitions (typedef etc), macros (#define with or
> without parameters) and procedure signatures. (No problem if
> whole c is parsed).

Statements are easy to parse. It's the declarations that are hard.
You might as well use a parser for the full language.

Having said that:

void f(void)
{
int i;
typedef int T_AND_L;

T_AND_L: i++;
}

is not always handled correctly.

> I guess there are pd-tools which can be used to get this information.
> Any suggestions, what tool(s) and how could be used ?

gcc springs to mind (lcc does not include a preprocessor).

derek
--
Derek M Jones tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd mailto:derek@knosof.co.uk