Want help building C-like compiler

"Song" <songsuh@earthlink.net>
23 Mar 1999 00:34:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Want help building C-like compiler songsuh@earthlink.net (Song) (1999-03-23)
Re: Want help building C-like compiler jkahrs@castor.atlas.de (Juergen Kahrs) (1999-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Song" <songsuh@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Mar 1999 00:34:21 -0500

Hello...
If I sound stupid, please bare with me since I'm very very new at all this
stuff. :)
I'm trying to write a simple scripting language with C/C++ look..
I've been looking at all kinds of YACC variations and they are all
confusing...
I was not able to get any thing done with any of them... Maybe that's my
fault... :p
First problem I have to have those yacc programs to spit out a working code.
They all are for unix environment and I'm using VC++.
I was able to hack at Bison to spit out a working calculator program which
was one of the samples.
My goal is to make a compiler which understands C like language and spit out
op-codes which will be fed to a virtual machine.
Op-codes and virtual machine are worked on by someone else.
I hope I'm making sense...
Any comments or help will be really appreciated..
thanks..

        Song.