Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ?

oribu@yahoo.com
5 Mar 1999 11:14:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? oribu@yahoo.com (1999-03-05)
Re: Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? dwight@pentasoft.com (1999-03-06)
Re: Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? markus_kohler@hp.com (Markus Kohler) (1999-03-09)
Re: Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? r.m.muench@ieee.org (1999-03-09)
Re: Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? epo@ficsgrp.com (Eddy Poullet) (1999-03-22)
Re: Visual Parse 3.0: is it OK for me ? dforcier@allaire.com (Darren Forcier) (1999-03-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: oribu@yahoo.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Mar 1999 11:14:48 -0500

I use an evaluation version of VP3.0.
It seems pretty bugged, and I really hesitate using it for my project.

- Does anyone have some serious working experience with VP3.0 ?
(I will not have enough time to deal with parser bugs)
- I need to parse Unicode text, does ANTLR do that ? (or another
tool does ?)
- I thought about choosing VP3.0 because of its graphical interface
and its clean separation of grammar file from the rest. Are there
other reasons to choose it instead of ANTLR or classical Flex/Bison ?
- I will have to deal with tricky things like switching grammar (for
bilingual use) and syntax coloring. Which tool will be more flexible ?

Thanks for any information.