Re: Refs on Java class file format and loaders ?

Chad Slaughter <slaught@.umr.edu>
5 Mar 1999 11:13:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Refs on Java class file format and loaders ? johnl@iecc.com (John R Levine) (1999-03-04)
Re: Refs on Java class file format and loaders ? slaught@.umr.edu (Chad Slaughter) (1999-03-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Chad Slaughter <slaught@.umr.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Mar 1999 11:13:48 -0500

John R (aka johnl@iecc.com ) alleged:
: Is there a better place to look than the Sun JVM book? How's the
: O'Reilly book in comparison?

The sun jvm book does leave alot to be desired. But still a good reference.
I found that the O'Reilly book, Sun JVM, and the class documentation to all
be necessary to fully understand how the loading and linking worked.
There are also errors and little annoying inconsistencies in each books.

There is another JVM book, which I haven't read by Bill Venners, "Inside
the Java Virtual Machine". I have heard that it is pretty good.

HTH,

Chad

Chad Slaughter -- slaught at umr.edu
<PGP public key available upon request>