Java, and so?...

Denis Bredelet <Denis.Bredelet@ensisun.imag.fr>
2 Mar 1999 14:07:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java, and so?... Denis.Bredelet@ensisun.imag.fr (Denis Bredelet) (1999-03-02)
Re: Java, and so?... derekross@fisheracre.freeserve.co.uk (Derek Ross) (1999-03-04)
Re: Java, and so?... dwight@pentasoft.com (1999-03-04)
Re: Java, and so?... mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at (Markus Mottl) (1999-03-04)
Re: Java, and so?... haynes@utmc.utc.com (Greg Haynes) (1999-03-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Denis Bredelet <Denis.Bredelet@ensisun.imag.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Mar 1999 14:07:34 -0500

Do you think it's fair that Java is the only competitor in its
category? It *does* have many advantages, and I'm wondering why I
don't have a choice when I need a Write Once-Run Anywhere,
cross-platform, industry-elected (...) high-level language that
doesn't make me amazed by its strangety.

Other question : what would you suggest to ease the linking and the
modularity of a language? For now, I'm still thinking of C-like
#include model...

Another one : Do you know a powerful, simple and elegant way to manage
strings? I'm looking at Perl, but I feel it isn't well-suited for
generic languages.

Last but not least, I'll have to think about graphics and
presentation... Any references?

Thanks for every (even partial) answer, I'm not really used with English
neither with newsgroups so be indulgent.

--
Denis.