flex/bison error reporting

"Richard S Cariens" <Richard_Cariens@freddiemac.com>
27 Feb 1999 22:51:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex/bison error reporting Richard_Cariens@freddiemac.com (Richard S Cariens) (1999-02-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Richard S Cariens" <Richard_Cariens@freddiemac.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Feb 1999 22:51:38 -0500

I'm writing an interactive command interpreter in flex and bison and
am having a hard time finding the best way to handle errors. Does
anyone know of any helpful on-line resources that address this (other
than newsgroups, I mean...)? I've read the error handling chapter in
the O'Reilly "lex & yacc" book, but am still not getting it.

Thanks for your help,
Rich Cariens
[Yacc and its relatives don't give you much help. I usually parse one
line at a time and just give up if it hits an error, starting afresh
on the next line. -John]