FLEX start conditions

"Pascal Schuppli" <pschuppli@earthling.net>
18 Dec 1998 12:20:05 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
FLEX start conditions pschuppli@earthling.net (Pascal Schuppli) (1998-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Pascal Schuppli" <pschuppli@earthling.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Dec 1998 12:20:05 -0500

Does anybody know how scanner generators like FLEX implement start
conditions? I need to implement start conditions for a simple scanner
generator I wrote a few months ago and the most obvious way I see is to add
a new table that describes for each start condition which states are legal.
However, this is the solution I like least since it's gonna take up an awful
lot of memory. Is there an easier, less memory-consuming way to do it? (I
see how to implement excluding start conditions by building multiple regular
expression trees, but how do I handle the rest of the start conditions?)

      Pascal Schuppli