EMACS mode (or other tool) for debugging yacc grammars?

kelley@phys.ocean.dal.ca (Dan Kelley)
15 Nov 1998 13:25:52 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
EMACS mode (or other tool) for debugging yacc grammars? kelley@phys.ocean.dal.ca (1998-11-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kelley@phys.ocean.dal.ca (Dan Kelley)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Nov 1998 13:25:52 -0500

Is there an emacs mode -- or other tool -- that can help me to more
easily debug yacc output? I'm writing a compiler for a scientific
graphics language [http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/gre] and am
finding myself continually searching up and down in the
parser.cpp.output file that bison generates, trying to figure out what
my state stack means, in terms of my grammar.

I reckon everybody runs into this sort of thing whilst designing
grammars ... staring at line like

state stack now 0 51 5 92 187 257 302 98 58 49 150 180

and wondering just what the heck all those states are!

--
Dan E. Kelley internet: mailto:Dan.Kelley@Dal.CA
Oceanography Department phone: (902)494-1694