Are there any pure grammar examples available?

"Russ Freeman" <russellf@selectst.com>
20 Jul 1998 17:04:35 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Are there any pure grammar examples available? russellf@selectst.com (Russ Freeman) (1998-07-20)
Re: Are there any pure grammar examples available? collins@cs.wm.edu (Bob Collins) (1998-07-21)
Re: Are there any pure grammar examples available? eodell@pobox.com (1998-07-21)
Re: Are there any pure grammar examples available? jamz@my-dejanews.com (1998-07-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Russ Freeman" <russellf@selectst.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Jul 1998 17:04:35 -0400

Has anyone come across such a thing as a pure language grammar? What I
mean by pure is a language grammar that has not been "re-jigged" to
make parsing easier (e.g. LL(1)).

It strikes me that such a form would be more useful as a basis for
designing a clean and regular AST. Otherwise it seems that your design
may be bastardized to overcome limitations of parsing tools.

I'd be interested if anyone has heard of such a thing and
*particularly* if an example exists somewhere.

Thanks, Russ

Russ Freeman