Looking for Regular Expressions/Yacc grammars

Afra Zomorodian <zomorodi@students.uiuc.edu>
5 Jul 1998 01:13:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for Regular Expressions/Yacc grammars zomorodi@students.uiuc.edu (Afra Zomorodian) (1998-07-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Afra Zomorodian <zomorodi@students.uiuc.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.compilers
Date: 5 Jul 1998 01:13:51 -0400

Hi,

I'm looking for regular expressions with interesting structure and/or
historical significance. I'd like to know what the expression says
intuitively and if possible, what the state machine looks like.

I'm also looking for Yacc grammars. If you have written one for any
purpose, I'd appreciate it.

My interest is in visualizing formal languages (this is a pet project).
As such, I'm not as much interested in what the language does, as much as
having languages with intricate structures.

Also: if anyone knows of a way of extracting the state machine out of lex
output, I'd like to know. I haven't looked at this yet, so it might be
easy (I know that it is stored in a table. However, lex does additional
disambiguating activity which leads to more complicated code.)

Finally: if you know of another newsgroup where I should post this,
please tell me or repost it.

Thank you.

Afra

P.S. Please email me the expression/grammar, etc. directly to:
afra@uiuc.edu