Re: PL/I parser

rweaver@ix.netcom.com (Richard Weaver)
3 Jul 1998 00:41:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PL/I parser shawn.k.whitlow@boeing.com (shawn k whitlow) (1998-07-01)
Re: PL/I parser rweaver@ix.netcom.com (1998-07-03)
Re: PL/I parser grosch@cocolab.de (1998-07-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: rweaver@ix.netcom.com (Richard Weaver)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jul 1998 00:41:55 -0400

shawn k whitlow <shawn.k.whitlow@boeing.com> writes:
>Does anyone out there know of any parsers for PL/I? I am in need of
>one.
>
>I am aware of Leverage Technologies, but are there any public domain,
>e.g., free ones?

First, ask Paul Abrahams.

And John X... (name begins with an X, do a search for authors of PL/I
books to find full name).

There is an IBM Technical Report, TR 25.086, 1968, "Translation of PL/I
into Abstract Syntax". I do not know what it contains.

Ask John Klensin. Possibly he can suggest X3J1 participants (some
years ago) that might know of PL/1 products that are no longer marketed
-- and that are, or that might be made, public. If John cannot be
located, get a copy of the last PL/I standard, find the list of X3J1
members, delete those from large corporations and government labs, then
ask the few remaining.

Dick W