Compiler positions available for week ending April 26

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
27 Apr 1998 00:48:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending April 26 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1998-04-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 27 Apr 1998 00:48:07 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Gilles Muller <muller@irisa.fr>
Subject: Positions available in the COMPOSE Group (Rennes, France)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:27:53 +0200

The Compose Group at INRIA/IRISA (Rennes, France) is
offering two positions to participate in the design and developpement
of the partial evaluation system called TEMPO.

Positions
- --------
          [*] Post-doctoral (Qualification: Ph.D. in Computer Science)

          [*] Programmer (Qualification: M.SC. in Computer Science)

The post-doctoral position is funded for one to two years and the
programmer position for one year. After one year, the programmer
position could lead to a Ph.D. These positions are not restricted by
citizenship. They are starting as soon as possible.

URL

http://www.irisa.fr/compose

Context
- ------
The research work is to be done in the Compose Group at INRIA/ IRISA
(Rennes, France). This group mainly consists of 1 faculty member, 5
research scientists, 4 Ph.D. students, and 1 research assistant. More
information about the place and the research topics of the group can
be obtained from our home page.

Research Area
- ------------
The Compose group at IRISA focuses on the development of Adaptive
Software. Adaptive software is an approach aimed at reconciling
generality and performance. It is based on a program transformation
technique called Partial Evaluation which consists of specializing
programs with respect to invariants. Utilizing these invariants allows
a general system to be instantiated for a particular environment. The
instantiated system is optimized in the sense that all the operations
that depended on the invariants have been performed. Our work is being
applied to various areas including operating systems, computer
graphics, and scientific code.

Research Project
- ---------------
The research project is aimed at improving and extending Tempo. The
successful candidate for the post-doctoral position will conduct
research in program transformation, and program analysis. The
programmer will provide support for the development of
prototypes. Good programming skills in SML and C are required.

Applicants should have a solid background in some of the areas
mentioned above. To apply, please send a resume, the name of three
references, and a statement of purpose. Applications will be reviewed
as they arrive. Positions are subject to final authorization.

Please contact us at compose-contact@irisa.fr if you need further
information.

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Beusterien <paulb@ddi.com>
Subject: Compiler development position at Diab Data, Silicon Valley

Diab Data produces highly optimizing C++, C, and FORTRAN compiler
suites for embedded systems developers. Our targets include PowerPC,
M*Core, ColdFire, 68K, and others.

We are looking for someone with compiler internals development
experience in C or C++ who is interested in helping us broaden and
enhance our tools. We have upcoming projects in new targets, further
optimizations, new languages, new C++ features, and better tool
integration.

Please send an ascii copy of resume to jobs@ddi.com

Paul Beusterien
Diab Data, Inc.