greg@bic.mni.mcgill.ca (Greg Ward)
29 Oct 1997 23:17:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
"safe gcc" for checking memory errors greg@bic.mni.mcgill.ca (1997-10-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: greg@bic.mni.mcgill.ca (Greg Ward)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Oct 1997 23:17:59 -0500

Hi all --

I have received a number of responses to my query about a
bounds-checking version of gcc. My recollection/hunch was spot on --
there is indeed such a thing, but I have no idea where the phrase "Safe
GCC" got into my mind. Whatever.

It appears that the definitive URL -- brief explanation, links to full
report and code -- is:

    http://www-ala.doc.ic.ac.uk/~phjk/BoundsChecking.html

Many thanks to all those who provided me with pointers -- they all seem
to wind up at this URL, so I figured I'd post this for the benefit of all.

                Greg

--
Greg Ward - Research Assistant greg@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Brain Imaging Centre (WB201) http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~greg