Recursion with register optimised parameters.

cmain@iafrica.com (Craig Main)
12 Sep 1997 21:27:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recursion with register optimised parameters. cmain@iafrica.com (1997-09-12)
Re: Recursion with register optimised parameters. eifrig@acm.org (Jonathan Eifrig) (1997-09-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: cmain@iafrica.com (Craig Main)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Sep 1997 21:27:48 -0400

Hi all,

I was wondering how languages (like Delphi) handle recursion when their
parameter passing is optimised to use the registers.

It has been bugging me for some time now. The delphi inline assembler
documentation states that under certain conditions a stack frame is not even
created for a procedure or function.

Recursive programming requires a stack albeit dependent on the type of
recursion.

Could someone please explain.
My email address is cmain@iafrica.com.

Thanks
Regards
Craig.
[In most compilers, leaf procedures which don't need stack variables don't
make a stack frame, other procedures all do. -John]