FEC V0.03: New version of native Eiffel compiler for SUN/SPARC

Fridtjof Siebert <fridi@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de>
30 Aug 1997 00:52:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
FEC V0.03: New version of native Eiffel compiler for SUN/SPARC fridi@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de (Fridtjof Siebert) (1997-08-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Fridtjof Siebert <fridi@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Aug 1997 00:52:46 -0400

Hi!

A new version of the native Eiffel compiler FEC for SUN/SPARC is
available. This version is a lot more useful for software development
since it now supports runtime checks with comprehensive error messages and
environment files describing Eiffel systems. More information on the
compiler and the downloadable archive is available at

      http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ifi/ps/siebert/fridi_eiffel.html

The main enhancements in V0.03 include:

  - Runtime checks for Void references, preconditions, check- and
      debug-instructions.
  - When runtime checks are created, trace code is created by the
      compiler to show the routine call sequence in the case of a
      runtime error.
  - Environment files are used to describe Eiffel systems (loadpaths,
      root creation, level of runtime checks, etc.)
  - Some bugs removed.

I am grateful for everyone who takes the time and tries to use this
compiler and informs me about any problems encountered.

Cheers,

Fridtjof.