Re: Looking for special C++ parsing tool

ydsmngq@a4056074.al.bst.bls.com
28 Aug 1997 00:34:17 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for special C++ parsing tool dodrillm@accessone.com (1997-05-04)
Re: Looking for special C++ parsing tool plakal@cs.wisc.edu (Manoj Plakal) (1997-05-08)
Re: Looking for special C++ parsing tool ydsmngq@a4056074.al.bst.bls.com (1997-08-28)
Re: Looking for special C++ parsing tool guthrie@mum.edu (1997-09-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ydsmngq@a4056074.al.bst.bls.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Aug 1997 00:34:17 -0400

<dodrillm@accessone.com> writes:
> I am looking for a program or source code (which can be compiled into
> a program) that will do the following. Parse C++ code, and enable me
> to add any code I want at specific places in the code (like at the
> start and end of every method/function).
<snip>

Yes. My company has done this for 'C', and we can certainly extend
the capability to C++. We call the code that you insert
"instrumentation", and you have the ability to insert this
"instrumentation" anywhere you like. Choosing the beginning and/or
ending of functions is certainly a pertinent place to insert such
"add-on" code.

Of course we can't extend our current tool for free, but we don't
necessarily require $. For example, if you're developing a tool for
the commercial market, we would entertain contributing software at no
charge, in return for a stake in the final product.

Let us know if you have an interest in what we're proposing...

Regards,
David