Re: Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs

jmochel@foliage.com (Jim Jackl-Mochel)
31 Jul 1997 00:32:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs lcinet@compuserve.com (Bill Littman) (1997-07-29)
Re: Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs jmochel@foliage.com (1997-07-31)
Re: Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs gary@wheel.tiac.net (1997-07-31)
Re: Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs paul@grammatech.com (Paul Anderson) (1997-07-31)
Re: Syntax directed editor from my Lex/Yacc specs thetick@scruz.net (Scott Stanchfield) (1997-08-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jmochel@foliage.com (Jim Jackl-Mochel)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Jul 1997 00:32:48 -0400

"Bill Littman" <lcinet@compuserve.com> wrote:
> [ doing combined editor / compiler with lex and yacc ]
>
>Does anyone have an idea how I would get started with the editor portion of
>the project?

Having used lex/yacc and their equivalents for many years I would recommend
you take a quick look at PCCTS (Purdue Compiler Construction Toolkit). It
seems to be better suited to incremental tasks. I have only used it on one
project but it makes a big difference in readability and ease of access to
(readable) internals.

The earlier version ~1.3 supports C and C++. The latest (rewrite) version
supports only JAVA but C++ is coming RSN.

Good luck,
          Jim