Compiler positions available for week ending July 13

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
13 Jul 1997 11:50:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending July 13 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2003-07-13)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 13 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2008-07-13)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 13 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1997-07-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 13 Jul 1997 11:50:04 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Christopher Glaeser <cdg@nullstone.com>
Subject: Compiler Careers at Nullstone, Fremont CA
Date: 7 Jul 1997 19:14:57 -0400

Looking for a new job in compiler development? Looking for a compiler
developer to fill an open position? Compiler Careers is an on-line
listing of open compiler positions available at companies and recruiting
services.

See http://www.nullstone.com/htmls/positions/positions.htm for a
complete listing of open compiler positions. Bookmark this site for
easy access to future job postings.

Compiler Careers is a free service. Job postings from companies,
recruiters, and universities are welcomed.

Best regards,
Christopher Glaeser cdg@nullstone.com
Nullstone Corporation http://www.nullstone.com

-------------------------------

From: "LUMINO B.V." <info@lumino.nl>
Subject: Vacature Software designer/consultant m/v.
Date: 8 Jul 1997 13:06:20 GMT

LUMINO B.V. zoekt een Software designer/consultant m/v.

Kijk op de LUMINO website voor meer informatie (kies voor vacatures).

http://www.lumino.nl/lumino

Adresgegevens

LUMINO B.V.
Korteraarseweg 53E
2461 GH Korteraar
Nederland

Tel: +31 (0)172 605184
Fax: +31 (0)172 605880
E-mail: info@lumino.nl

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:22:49 -0500 (CDT)
From: recruit1@ix.netcom.com (Strategic Staffing Group)
Subject: Compiler posting for Intel Corporation

Compiler Engineering opportunities at Intel in Santa Clara, California
and Portland, Oregon

We have positions, in Oregon and California, for experienced engineers
interested in working on various aspects of a product compilers. Some
positions require very expert knowledge of compilers, other require
only a high level knowledge of software tools including compilers.

We have immediate openings in compiler development, engineering
support, technical marketing, and some directed research and
development to support future processor architectures.

Our team develops very advanced compiler products currently used by
companies with products seeking performance advantages through the use
of superior compiler technology to build their products. Our team is
growing due to increased demand for our product and we are seeking
motivated and flexible compiler engineers with strong programming and
problem solving skills.

The ideal candidate for our team will have:
* Strong problem solving skills
* C programming experience
* Working knowledge of software design
* Knowledge of compilers
* Strong desire to work on real products

Other desirable qualifications include:
* Compiler development experience
* Customer interaction experience
* Experience with Win/NT
* Knowledge of C++
* Knowledge of computer architecture
* Knowledge of Fortran
* Performance analysis/benchmarking experience

We offer a very competitive salary, excellent benefits and a relocation
package.

For immediate consideration, please fax/e-mail an ASCII text resume to
Rhonda Rutledge at Fax: (602)554-7855, or e-mail:
recruit1@ix.netcom.com.
[Also see http://www.lightlink.com/fors -John]

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:33:57 -0400
From: "Craig P. Forbes" <craig@mccabe.com>
Subject: Job opportunities at McCabe & Associates, Inc. (Baltimore, MD)

McCabe & Associates Inc. is rapidly growing company with 20 years
experience in the software analysis field. We are currently seeking
highly-motivated individuals for our Parser Development Group.

Responsibilities include the design, development, testing, and
maintenance of parsers for the McCabe Visual Toolsets.

Requirements: Experience with C/C++ in a UNIX environment. Experience
with lex/yacc or other parser development tools. Knowledge of parser
design and implementation. BS in Computer Science, or a related field
preferred.

Send, Fax or email resumes to

McCabe & Associates, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
5501 Twin Knolls Road, Suite 111
Columbia, Md 21045

Fax: (410)964-3507
Email: hr@mccabe.com

-------------------------------

From: Daniel Weise <dweise@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Microsoft Research seeks development tool innovators and developers
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 14:27:42 -0700

The Program Analysis Group in Microsoft Research
(http://www.research.microsoft.com/analysts) is developing
semantically based program development and software engineering tools.
We are looking for a talented person who understands compiler
technology to help us refine our research infrastructure and to design
and develop new programming tools, especially those related to
performance monitoring, visualization, testing, and static bug
detection.

The official Microsoft announcement of the position appears at
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/jobs/mshridc/jobview.idc?number=97-0002026.

-------------------------------

From: drama@tiac.net (Steve Wood)
Subject: Job: CAN YOU BUILD THE CHARACTERS IN THE HOLODECK?
Date: 11 Jul 1997 21:26:27 GMT

Job Title: Programming Language Implementor

CAN YOU BUILD THE CHARACTERS IN THE HOLODECK?

We are a young, well-financed company building the minds (and bodies) of
autonomous, personality-rich, emotional, animated creatures --- for
interactive entertainment. We need people with great enthusiasm for this
goal.

We are currently looking for a programming language implementor with 2-4
years experience using C++ and Unix to create fast compilers and
interpreters for Scheme, Java, or AI languages. BS/MS in computer science
required.

Positions are possible in Baltimore and Boston, so please mention where
you'd consider working.

We offer competitive salaries, benefits, & stock options.

Please send your resume to: drama@tiac.net or fax to 412-688-0956.

-------------------------------

From: "anna.michienzi" <anna.michienzi@analog.com>
Subject: Analog Devices Job Opportunities 7/11/97
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:40:45 -0400

COMPILER/RTL DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERS
NORWOOD, MA COMPUTER PRODUCTS DIVISION

At Analog Devices our DSP Development Tools group is building one of
the industry's most advanced and complete line of DSP hardware and
software tools available in the world today. As an integral part of our
Computer Products Division, this key group develops state-of -the-art
code generation and debugging tools which allow our customers to bring
their Fixed/Floating-Point DSP products quickly and efficiently to
market. With a record of explosive growth and burgeoning customer
demand, it's clear...Digital Signal Processing is one of today's hottest
technologies and Analog Devices is an undisputed leader in this exciting
field. In respond to this demand we are seeking the most talented
`Compiler Development Engineers'
  the industry has to offer. Now is the time to bring your Compiler/RTL
development expertise to an environment where opportunity is boundless
and achievement is truly valued.

COMPILER ENGINEERS
Responsibilities:
Specify ,design, and implement C language extensions, global compiler
optimizations and retargets of optimizing compilers to DSP processors.
Positions are also available for compiler library developers to write C
runtime libraries and library support routines for DSP applications.

Requirements:
MS/Ph.D. in CS, CSE or EE and 5+ years of compiler development
experience. Strong C/C++, assembly level development skills, and a
proven track record using solid design methodologies a must. Knowledge
of DSP/microprocessor architectures a plus.

RUN TIME LIBRARY ENGINEERS
Responsibilities:
Specify, design, code, test, integrate DSP compilers and run time
libraries. Suggest and recommend changes/improvements to runtime
library development methods, processes, and products. Design and
implement realtime subsets of C/C++ libraries. Design and implement
runtime library support for C/C++ language extensions to support DSP
algorithms. Insure consistency of user interfaces, feature sets,
debugging information between processor families. Validate compiler and
runtimes with industry standard test suites such as Plum-Hall,
Perennial, etc. Review compiler and runtime library requirements with
Marketing, Applications, customers, and other Development Tools Groups.
Analyze and compare with competitive products in the DSP,
microcontroller and general purpose microprocessor markets.

Requirements:
BS/MS with 5-7 years of experience in DSP algorithm development,
compiler runtime support, or strong C/C++ and assembly skills.

Compensation:
Analog Devices offers competitive salaries and a valuable benefits
package; including a biannual bonus plan based on company performance,
an employee stock purchase plan, an exceptional company participating
401(k) plan and much more.

Please respond to:
Anna Michienzi, Human Resources, Analog Devices, One Technology Way,
Norwood, MA 02062
E-mail: anna.michienzi@analog.com
Fax:(617) 461-4496
Visit our home page at http://www.analog.com
Analog Devices is an equal opportunity employer