Info on PIC code

Doug Wyatt <dwyatt@lcs.mit.edu>
10 Jun 1997 23:54:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info on PIC code dwyatt@lcs.mit.edu (Doug Wyatt) (1997-06-10)
Re: Info on PIC code ian@cygnus.com (Ian Lance Taylor) (1997-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Doug Wyatt <dwyatt@lcs.mit.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Jun 1997 23:54:26 -0400

Are there any good references on the specifics on PIC code
implementations? In particular, I'm interested in PIC from gcc in x86
machines. I need info such as persistency of the PIC register,
when/where PIC register values are calculated, offset formulas for
symbols at runtime, etc.

I am currently trying to build some shared libraries for an OS we are
developing and need to know what sort of register manipulations are
legal and where. I tried to munge through the source to gcc but that
was getting me nowhere.

Thanks,
Doug Wyatt
--