Ada Interpreter using YACC or BISON

Christoph Bochsler <e3bochsl@twi.ch>
9 Jun 1997 23:50:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ada Interpreter using YACC or BISON e3bochsl@twi.ch (Christoph Bochsler) (1997-06-09)
Re: Ada Interpreter using YACC or BISON dweller@news.imagin.net (1997-06-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Christoph Bochsler <e3bochsl@twi.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Jun 1997 23:50:28 -0400

Hello I try to generate an interpreter for an Ada-like language. I had
a short look to the FLEX/BISON utilities but I actually don't know if
it's possible to build an interpreter instead of a compiler. I need a
program which can do the following:

Source file example:

a int;
a=0;
for (i==1,i<10,i++) do
      COMMAND(a+i);
..

The Interpreter is called by a function like:

GetNextCommand(in out TheCommand TCommand)

And should receive me the next Command (i.e. COMMAND).

Is it possible to controll the parser i.e. start, stop, restart and
setposition etc.?

Thanx for your help
Chris
[It's possible, but it's not easy. I always tell people to make one pass to
translate to byte codes, then intepret the byte codes. -John]