Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ?

Basim Kadhim <kadhim@spock.cs.colorado.edu>
22 May 1997 22:34:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Anyone got a yacc template generator ? gianni@engr.sgi.com (Gianni Mariani) (1997-05-19)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? markagr@aol.com (1997-05-22)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? cfc@world.std.com (1997-05-22)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? kadhim@spock.cs.colorado.edu (Basim Kadhim) (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Basim Kadhim <kadhim@spock.cs.colorado.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 May 1997 22:34:20 -0400

Gianni Mariani <gianni@engr.sgi.com> writes:

> After the bazillionth time I've written an application using yacc I've
> come to the brink of writing a grammer -> application template
> generator and I thought before I go spend time on this effort, I would
> like to know if one is available. I have not come across one in my
> time so I may be tracking new territory. ...

You might consider using a more powerful compiler generation toolset.
The Eli Compiler Construction System
(http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~eliuser) will construct a parser from
straightforward EBNF (no funny yacc-like syntax or other information
required). It will also automatically construct an abstract syntax
tree for which you can provide attribute grammar computations that
perform arbitrary computations over the constructed tree.

--
Basim Kadhim kadhim@cs.colorado.edu
University of Colorado, Boulder