G++ performance

samr@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Samantha Type)
22 May 1997 22:01:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
G++ performance samr@cogs.susx.ac.uk (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: samr@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Samantha Type)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 May 1997 22:01:12 -0400

I am in the process of implementing an optimising C++ compiler for
embedded systems, so the size of the produced code is at least as
important as the speed. I know that there are substantial overheads
incurred by using virtual functions but I would like to see some
figures to back me up. I am particularly interested in papers that
look at using virtual functions in g++ and examine the overhead in
runtime, in terms of space and time, on sparcs and other processors.
Does anyone know of any papers that examine this topic?

Thanks.

Sam.