YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs

"Tom Hampton" <hampton@ksu.edu>
8 May 1997 21:41:14 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs hampton@ksu.edu (Tom Hampton) (1997-05-08)
Re: YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs sandro@lattice.latte.it (1997-05-13)
Re: YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs dan@unitech.com (Dan Harkless) (1997-05-15)
Re: YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs kelley@phys.ocean.dal.ca (1997-05-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Tom Hampton" <hampton@ksu.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.emacs
Date: 8 May 1997 21:41:14 -0400

Howdy all-

After searching for a mode for the above, I found bison-mode.el which
many of you have probably found as inadequate as I did. I am
seriously considering writing Emacs major modes for the above
languages. I would like to open up a discussion of the desired
features of these modes. I don't want to limit anybody's brainstorms,
please feel free to wish away. Whatever the consensus is for a feature
set, I will do my best to implement.

I am cross-posting this message to comp.compilers and comp.emacs for
the obvious reason that I wanted to catch as many interested parties
as possible. However, the entire thread probably does not need to be
cross-posted to both groups. Does anyone have a preference as to
which group to continue the discussion? Both groups seem equally
appropos to me.

My e-mail may be changing in the near future. So, you may send
replies to this address if you wish (at your own risk :-), but I would
advise keeping them in the newsgroups until I sort out a new e-mail
address. At that point if the discussion seems lively enough, I may
set up a mailing list, to conserve bandwidth, and keep from annoying
uninterested parties.

'nuf said.
-Tom