Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing?

Scott Stanchfield <scotts@metaware.com>
8 May 1997 21:23:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[Query] Tree-based parsing? jlilley@empathy.com (John Lilley) (1997-04-16)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? fjh@mundook.cs.mu.OZ.AU (1997-04-18)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? bear@sonic.net (Ray Dillinger) (1997-04-22)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? geert@sun3.iaf.nl (1997-05-04)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? nkramer@cs.cmu.edu (Nick Kramer) (1997-05-04)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? scotts@metaware.com (Scott Stanchfield) (1997-05-08)
Re: [Query] Tree-based parsing? wilson@cs.utexas.edu (1997-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Scott Stanchfield <scotts@metaware.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 May 1997 21:23:55 -0400

Be careful -- if you're editing in something like MS Word (not me, mind
you, but someone might...) you don't have much memory left for the
compile...

I tend to agree overall, though. We're nearly to the point that memory
and disk space are cheap enough that we can assume we don't have to
worry. Not quite there yet -- many people still have older machines
that have more severe limitations.

(caveat -- I don't endorse using memory without thought though -- there
are still many ways to improve performance just by being careful
programmers. Not to mention things are more easily maintained...)

-- Scott

--
Scott Stanchfield
MetaWare Incorporated