Re: ELF to COFF Convertor

rfg@monkeys.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
27 Feb 1997 00:34:56 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ELF to COFF Convertor sarnaik@asic.mtv.nec.com (1997-02-16)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor rfg@monkeys.com (1997-02-27)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor arnold@mathcs.emory.edu (1997-02-27)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor lfm@pgroup.com (1997-03-01)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1997-03-01)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor jgj@ssd.csd.harris.com (1997-03-05)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1997-03-14)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor jgj@ssd.csd.harris.com (1997-03-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: rfg@monkeys.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Feb 1997 00:34:56 -0500

Ajit Sarnaik SC2202 <sarnaik@asic.mtv.nec.com> wrote:
>I am trying to find if there exists an ELF to COFF convertor that not only
>converts the execution sections such as text and data, but also the debug
>information. Any help would be appreciated.

The GNU `objcopy' utility claims to be able to convert any format it knows
about (which happens to include both ELF and COFF) to any other format it
knows about.

In my experience it may not always work perfectly, but hey! If you've
got the bucks, you can always hire contractor who is familiar with the
object formats in question and who could maybe shake the bugs out of
it for you.

Our moderator writes:

>[Note that's ELF -> COFF, not the other direction. -John]

Right. John apparently wanted to forestall a whole lot of follow-ups
noting the availability of the SVR4 `cof2elf' utility.
--

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, CA -------- Infinite Monkeys & Co. ------------