[Q] Need sources for register allocation

Fermin Javier Reig <ferminj@ac.upc.es>
25 Jan 1997 22:10:26 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[Q] Need sources for register allocation ferminj@ac.upc.es (Fermin Javier Reig) (1997-01-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Fermin Javier Reig <ferminj@ac.upc.es>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Jan 1997 22:10:26 -0500

Hi,

I would like to know what free code there is available for
implementing register allocation for a backend we are implementing.

Our target is a virtual machine with a RISC-like load/store
architecture. At the moment we generate code using an unlimited number
of registers and now we want to map the virtual registers to a
reasonable number of real registers (32, 64).

We have thought of the classical graph-coloring approach.

Any pointers to such code will be appreciated.

Fermin J. Reig
Departament d'Arquitectura de Computadors E-mail ferminj@ac.upc.es
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya Tel. +34 3 401-7182
Campus Nord, Modul D6 - 008
Jordi Girona 1 (08034 Barcelona, Spain)