Compiler positions available for week ending November 17

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
18 Nov 1996 00:28:32 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 17 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2002-11-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 17 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 18 Nov 1996 00:28:32 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Peter Gregory <peterg@bsquare.com>
Subject: Job Openings at bsquare, Seattle area
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 06:29:07 -0800

Code Generation, Optimization and Compiler Tool Developers.
We have new back-ends to write for new CPUs. We already have a stable
front-end. If you are a code gen. wizard looking for new challenges,
bsquare is a place where you can make a big contribution. This is a
small (35 person) shop that has a strong QA group and a record for
shipping quality compilers, debuggers and compiler tools.

bsquare consulting, inc. is an engineering and project management
consulting company focused on software development tools. We provide
experienced, can do teams of engineers in areas relating to compiler
development. This includes the development, re-hosting and re-targeting
of linkers, debuggers and associated runtime libraries. We have
compiler code generation and optimization experience and have applied it
to Windows NT and Unix.
bsquare consulting, inc. specializes in developing Microsoft Visual C++
compatible software development tools for non-traditional targets. If
you would like to work for an informal, hard working, small company on
cutting-edge technology, bsquare is the company for you.

Minimum Qualifications
* Ability to deliver projects on time
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Ability to take constructive criticism
* Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
* Strong C/C++ skills
* BS degree in CS or equivalent
* Willingness to work in the Seattle, Washington area

Specific Qualifications
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN COMPILER DEVELOPMENT
* Minimum of 2 years of industry experience
* Experience with code generation for RISC and CISC processor
architectures
* Willingness and ability to maintain and adapt existing code base as
well as develop new technology
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TOOLS DEVELOPMENT
* Minimum of 1 year of industry experience
* Experience with debuggers, linkers, assemblers, C/C++ runtime
libraries and related tools
* Willingness and ability to maintain and adapt existing code base as
well as develop new technology

How to Apply
If you feel qualified and this sounds interesting to you, either mail
your resume to the above address to the attention of Personnel, or fax
it to (206)644-8057,
or e-mail it to lbaxter@bsquare.com.

We even have a web page: http://www.bsquare.com