Compiler positions available for week ending November 10

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
10 Nov 1996 15:47:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 10 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-11-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 10 Nov 1996 15:47:37 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Murray Pearson <mpearson@lucy.waikato.ac.nz>
Subject: Position: Reasearch Assisstant in Compiler Design
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 16:04:51 +1300

RESEARCH ASSISTANT IN COMPILER DESIGN
                                              2 year fixed term position
                                          Department of Computer Science
                                          School of Computing & Mathematics
                                                    University of Waikato

Applications are invited for a research assistant in Computer Science
at the University of Waikato. Applicants should hold a good honours
degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification. It is
essential that applicants have strong computer skills. Experience
with C, C++, Unix, and a good understanding of computer architectures
and parallel systems would be an advantage.

The successful applicant will be expected to write and modify
compilers for two research projects on parallel systems currently
being conducted within the department. These include one project
which is developing and simulating a new CPU architecture and another
using optimistic protocols for parallel and distributed execution.

Departmental resources include SUN, SGI Indy, NeXT, and Macintosh
PowerPC workstations, a variety of Unix servers, and access to the
University's central servers and network facilities.

The salary will be in the range of $33,000 to $41,000 per year.

Enquiries regarding the position may be made to Dr M W Pearson,
telephone ++64 (7) 838 4409, facsimile ++64 (7) 838 4155, email
mpearson@cs.waikato.ac.nz. Information on the University and on
conditions of appointment can be obtained from

Personnel and Management Services,
The University of Waikato,
Private Bag 3105,
Hamilton,New Zealand,
telephone ++64 (7) 838 4003, facsimile ++64 (7) 856 0135,
email personnel@waikato.ac.nz.

Applications quoting reference number G96/159 should be sent to
Personnel & Management Services by Friday 25 October 1996.
Consideration of candidates will begin on 29 October 1996 and continue
until the position is filled. As the consideration process has already
begun, applications should be sent by email or fax.
--
| Murray Pearson |
| Dept. of Computer Science email: mpearson@cs.waikato.ac.nz |

-------------------------------

Subject: Help Wanted: intern position at Intel (Oregon)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 96 09:39:09 PST
From: "Michael P. Gerlek" <gerlek@ibeam.jf.intel.com>

Intel's Compiler Prototyping Team is looking for highly motivated
students to work at the Microcomputer Software Lab in Oregon: we are
looking for interns and co-ops for 3 to 9 month appointments in 1997.

The projects our team is involved in center around performance
analysis and compiler development to target the unique features of
Intel's next generation processors. We are active in many areas of
state-of-the-art processor and compiler design efforts, including
benchmarking, compiler and architecture performance analysis, compiler
optimization prototyping (both middle and backend), application
analysis and optimization (including graphics), Fortran 90, and
architectural evaluation.

The ideal student for our team will have graduate-level or strong
undergraduate-level experience in one of the following areas:
    . computer architecture
    . compiler optimization
    . computer graphics
Other desirable qualifications include:
    . superior writing and speaking communication skills
    . a strong desire to learn new technologies and explore new ideas
    . familiarity with Intel Architecture (e.g. assembly language)
    . ability to program in either C or Fortran
    . familiarity with UNIX or Windows NT environments

Questions and resumes (ascii or postscript only) should be sent by
email only to compjobs@ibeam.jf.intel.com. Please note we are only
able to offer positions to those able to demonstrate the right to work
in the U.S. on a permanent basis.

Michael P. Gerlek (gerlek@ibeam.jf.intel.com)
Intel / Microcomputer SW Lab / Compiler Prototyping Team