Re: ASN.1 Compilers

etxmow@eua.ericsson.se (Mats Winberg)
30 Oct 1996 13:34:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ASN.1 Compilers timm@iconz.co.nz (Tim Mew) (1996-10-20)
Re: ASN.1 Compilers Christian.Rinderknecht@inria.fr (Christian Rinderknecht) (1996-10-24)
Re: ASN.1 Compilers etxmow@eua.ericsson.se (1996-10-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: etxmow@eua.ericsson.se (Mats Winberg)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Oct 1996 13:34:10 -0500

"Tim Mew" <timm@iconz.co.nz> writes:

> Has anyone had experience with ASN.1 compilers? I'm aware that there are 2
> out there, called SNACC and MAVROS.
>
> Can anyone comment as to the more reliable of the two in terms of memory
> leaks and other bugs? I'm looking at using ASN.1 BER encoding in a mission
> critical, "for(;;)" type of system, so memory leaks need to be avoided at
> all costs!

There is an ASN.1 compiler (translator?) to Erlang, a functional real time
language developed by Ericsson. I have no experience of it nor of
Erlang, might be worth checking out though:

(http://www.ericsson.se/erlang)

There is also a chapter on this ASN.1 compiler in

'Concurrent Programming in ERLANG'
2nd Edition
Armstrong, Virding, Vikstro:m, Williams
Prentice Hall