Re: C386 from Matthew Brandt

kdw@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Keith Walker)
25 Oct 1996 22:08:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C386 from Matthew Brandt reneo@htsa.hva.nl (Rene Olsthoorn) (1996-10-24)
Re: C386 from Matthew Brandt kdw@dsbc.icl.co.uk (1996-10-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kdw@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Keith Walker)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Oct 1996 22:08:46 -0400

Rene Olsthoorn (reneo@htsa.hva.nl) wrote:
: After seeing the sources from C68 from Matthew Brandt,
: I would very much like to see something from C386.

: C386 is a C compiler, which does optimization.

: C386 is included in the Free Compilers list, but the link
: is dead. I've tried various methods to find c386, but I failed.

Hmmm! I must get around to sending an update.

Try looking at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/davewalker/homepage.htm

The current source for c68/c386 is available from this page.

Just a word of warning .... the c386 code generator hasn't been stressed
for a while so if you do find any problems then please let me know and
I will fix the problem as quick as I can.

The c68 code generator has been recently stressed and I am quite happy
that it is currently generating correct code.

Keith
--
Keith Walker, Fujitsu ICL, Lovelace Rd., Bracknell, Berkshire, UK RG12 8SN
Email: kdw@oasis.icl.co.uk; Phone: +44 1344 472209 ; Fax: +44 1344 472987