Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work?

"Uday P Khedker" <uday@cs.unipune.ernet.in>
20 Oct 1996 16:44:56 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? jdean@stash.pa.dec.com (1996-10-12)
Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? creusil@cri.ensmp.fr (1996-10-15)
Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? cliffc@risc.sps.mot.com (1996-10-15)
Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? jyates@gis.net (1996-10-16)
Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? assmann@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (1996-10-18)
Re: Analysis and optimization frameworks related work? uday@cs.unipune.ernet.in (Uday P Khedker) (1996-10-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Uday P Khedker" <uday@cs.unipune.ernet.in>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Oct 1996 16:44:56 -0400

> This is a request for information about related work on frameworks
> that make it easier to design and implement compiler optimizations.

I believe that you would have already seen

- M. S. Hecht.
      Flow Analysis of Computer Programs.
      Elsevier North-Holland Inc., 1977.

- S. S. Muchnick and N. D. Jones.
      Program Flow Analysis : Theory and Applications.
      Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1981.

Take a look at the following too :

- D. M. Dhamdhere and Uday P. Khedker.
      Complexity of bidirectional data flow analysis.
      In Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium on
      Principles of Programming Languages, pages 397--408, 1993.

- Uday P. Khedker and D. M. Dhamdhere.
      A generalized theory of bit vector data flow analysis.
      ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems,
      16(5):1472--1511, 1994.

I could have added many more to the list but since the objective is
to look at theoretical underpinnings rather than at *clever* optimisations,
I have restricted the list to these four references.

Uday.

Uday Khedker email : uday@cs.unipune.ernet.in
Department of Computer Science phone : 91 (0212) 357812 (O)
University of Pune 91 (0212) 357206 (R)
Pune 411 007, India.