Using relational algebra in a general purpose programming language

justus <niels@po.ia.dk>
16 Oct 1996 17:45:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Using relational algebra in a general purpose programming language niels@po.ia.dk (justus) (1996-10-16)
Re: Using relational algebra in a general purpose programming language assmann@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (1996-10-18)
Re: Using relational algebra in a general purpose programming language macrakis@app3.osf.org (Stavros Macrakis) (1996-10-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: justus <niels@po.ia.dk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Oct 1996 17:45:40 -0400

I have for long wondered if the relational algebra could be used as the
fundmental underlying paradigm in a general purpose programming language,
using Normal Forms as in relational databases.

I am sure many have written papers/books on this angle of programming, -
only I have not been able to locate any, despite good efforts.

Therefore I kindly ask, can any of you give me some references ? I do prefer
a textbook if possible, but anything are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Niels Justus
niels@po.ia.dk