Creating IDE for internal script language

swoo@austin.i-link.net
9 Jul 1996 13:26:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Creating IDE for internal script language swoo@austin.i-link.net (1996-07-09)
Re: Creating IDE for internal script language gclind01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu (1996-07-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: swoo@austin.i-link.net
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Jul 1996 13:26:59 -0400

I am working on an IDE for an internal script language. I have
identified several problem domains I am not familiar with
and the biggest one for me is how to:
a.) have the IDE be able to create a script from the user's
editing of graphical objects on screen.
b.) let the user hand edit the script generated from a.) if
hand customization is needed
c.) be able to compile either a.) or b.) with our parser
d.) have the IDE recognize the output of a.) or b.) without
reimplementing the parser over again and display the elements
in a.)

The complication is that someone else wrote the monolithic
parser we are using and there are no intermediate files, it
goes directly to binary from there in the yacc script.