Writing an assembler.

eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se (Mattias Lindqvist)
1 Jul 1996 22:40:56 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Writing an assembler. eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se (1996-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se (Mattias Lindqvist)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jul 1996 22:40:56 -0400

I'm planning to write a z80 cross assembler for Dos. However after looking
around for a while I'm still clueless about where to start. I've got some
source code for misc assemblers, but just looking at them is mainly confusing.
What I need is some sort of tutorial or any general information on how to
write an assembler. If someone knows any on-line docs or a book that deals
with this matter I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Regards,
Mattias Lindqvist
[There have been a couple of books on assembler writing. They're all out of
print, but you can probably find them in the library. I'd start with some
of the free assemblers available on the net use them, and not waste time
writing yet another 8080 assembler. -John]