Compiler positions available for week ending March 17

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
17 Mar 1996 09:21:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 17 compilers@iecc.com (2002-03-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 17 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-03-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 17 Mar 1996 09:21:41 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 14:19:58 -0500
From: Paul Silver <silver@chrysalis.com>
Subject: Verilog/VHDL Compiler Engineers, Boston suburbs

(Verilog/VHDL) Compiler Engineers

Department: Engineering

Job Duties: As team member contribute to product design, definition,
needs assessment, requirements analysis, enhancement and
debugging. Projects might include work on a design translator,
improving the symbol mapping algorithm, code optimization, I/O, etc.
Work with marketing to determine features for next generation
products.

Job Requirements: This position will reqire 3 plus years of software
engineering experience in a UNIX, C environment, and familiarity with
Verilog and/or VHDL. This is a generalist position requiring design
and debug work. Desired experience and knowledge of hardware,
particularly IC's is a plus; as is experience with RTL synthesis, and
formal methods

Chrysalis Symbolic Design, Inc. delivers innovative software products
to design complex ASICs and microprocessors. These products employ a
unique SYMBOLIC LOGIC (tm) technology that accelerates formal design
verification. Leading companies like Advanced Micro Devices, Sun
Microsystems, and Toshiba use Design VERIFYer(r) formal verification
software, the first production-proven formal verification tool, to get
their products to market faster, with higher confidence at less
cost. Headquarters is in suburban Boston (Billerica). Equal
opportunity employer

Best regards,
Paul Silver (508) 436-9909 xtn 116
Human Resources Dept. (508) 436-9697 fax
Chrysalis Symbolic Design, Inc. silver@chrysalis.com
5 Billerica Park
N. Billerica MA 01862

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 96 20:00:47 EST
From: dmcinnis@speedsim.com (Don McInnis)
Subject: Compiler Code-Generation, Boston suburbs

Company Introduction:

SpeedSim, Inc. is the industry leader in providing high performance
software for simulating digital logic designs. Our customers include
companies in computers, semiconductors, and networking.

Job Title: Software Developer for Compiler Code Generator

Job Description:

Responsible for: writing the back-end code generator for digital logic
design language system (Verilog HDL & VHDL). Duties include:
Targeting the code generator for multiple CPU architectures
(Pentium/Pro, SPARC, MIPS, RS6K, ALPHA)

Qualifications: 2-4 years experience in compiler design, development
and implementation. Good understanding of trade-offs required for
different styles of optimization. C, C++ experience. Knowledge of
UNIX or Windows/NT.

Desirable Experience: writing shell scripts; BSCS/EE, MSCS/EE

Contact Information:

Email: dmcinnis@speedsim.com
Mail: Don McInnis, SpeedSim, Inc., 234 Littleton RD, Suite 2E,
Westford, MA 01886
Fax: 508-692-1640

-------------------------------

Date: 14 Mar 96 06:00:23 EST
From: Carlo Walentiny <101604.1573@compuserve.com>
Subject: Compiler position, Europe

Do you think you could

                design a machine-independent, stack-based IR
                which C++ could be easily compiled into (Clarity
                Mcode would be a good starting point)?

                design and implement a very portable, very fast
                run-time code generator to create binaries for
                a variety of platforms?

If so, I would like to hear from you. There are two options
for your position:

1. You work on the above assignment on a contract-basis.

2. You join my start-up (very hard work in return for some equity) and
play a key role in the birth of a next- generation programming
environment.

Ideally, you are interested in option number two. In this case you
should be mobile (the first six months might have to be spent in
Luxembourg), although I am open to suggestions.

Whatever option you choose, I look forward to hearing from you.

Convince me that you are qualified for the above job, and I'll get
back to you with details on the project.

Carlo Walentiny