Parsing context dependent languages?

apardon@rc1.vub.ac.be (Antoon Pardon)
18 Jan 1996 21:24:12 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parsing context dependent languages? apardon@rc1.vub.ac.be (1996-01-18)
Re: Parsing context dependent languages? jjan@cs.rug.nl (1996-01-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: apardon@rc1.vub.ac.be (Antoon Pardon)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jan 1996 21:24:12 -0500

I would like to know what kind of tools are available in
recognizing/describing contextdepending languages.

If one wanted to describe the tautologies as a language one could come
up with a rule that stated:

if "A" is a tautology then "A <=> A" is a tautology.

In this case it is important the two A in "A <=> A" generate the same
subexpression something that is impossible with contextfree
languages. An other example I was thinking of was automating the
substituting process in a lambda expression after application. Are
there already tools who can help with this?

--
Antoon Pardon Brussels Free University Computing Centre