Looking for Visual YACC for prototyping ...

Alexander Walsh <sandy@cs.mun.ca>
16 Jan 1996 22:45:47 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for Visual YACC for prototyping ... sandy@cs.mun.ca (Alexander Walsh) (1996-01-16)
Re: Looking for Visual YACC for prototyping ... kap@hiso.honeywell.soft.net (1996-01-17)
Re: Looking for Visual YACC for prototyping ... dkulkarn@handel.helios.nd.edu (1996-01-17)
Re: Looking for Visual YACC for prototyping ... neitzel@gaertner.de (1996-01-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Alexander Walsh <sandy@cs.mun.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Jan 1996 22:45:47 -0500

Hi there, we are developing a new expression language for an
in-house project and want to prototype a few grammars. I
remember seeing an ad around for a Visual YACC product that
would allow to enter a grammar and then throw test data at it to
see how it performed. Anyone remember this? Got a contact for
them? Any news on it ... good or bad. Any information would be
great.

Thanx in advance,
Sandy
----
Alexander (Sandy) Walsh
Project Lead - Common Report
Andyne Computing Ltd
[MKS Yacc also has a visual debugger which I found modestly useful.
Personally, I always found it adequate to write a two line driver to call
yyparse, turn on parser debugging, and watch what happens when I type input
strings. But then, I also used to toggle programs into a PDP-8. -John]