Help wanted: Linker output file formats

prodrig@aii.upv.es (Francisco Rodriguez Ballester)
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 17:57:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help wanted: Linker output file formats prodrig@aii.upv.es (1995-11-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: prodrig@aii.upv.es (Francisco Rodriguez Ballester)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 17:57:22 GMT

Hello, all.

I am beginning a debugging tool for 8-bit microcontrollers.
I need information about linker output formats for compilers like
IAR-Systems C51, Keil C51, Archimedes, BSO/Tasking, and so on.

These (and I suppose much sompilers) use some 'standarized'
file formats in order to allow debugging programs compiled with
another's compilers. These formats are IEEE 695, OMF51, UBROFF, and
some other (I assume the rest are more vendor-specific).

I have only slight information about IEEE 695, which in turn
seems to be the least popular. I need help about the other formats, or
hints on how to get that info.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

Paco.
[The IEEE sells copies of IEEE 695, which isn't very expensive. See
http://www.ieee.org. -John]