Re: Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic

"Jack Frederiksen" <geinjf@inet.uni-c.dk>
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 18:10:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic wbritz@gp804.jsc.nasa.gov (Britz, William) (1995-08-10)
Re: Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic Steve_Kilbane@cegelecproj.co.uk (1995-08-14)
Re: Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic geinjf@inet.uni-c.dk (Jack Frederiksen) (1995-08-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Jack Frederiksen" <geinjf@inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 18:10:12 GMT

We too have stuck to HP-9000 machines for a while, but have ported a 10.000+
lines "pure basic" application to TransEra HtBasic 386 for 32-bit DOS-PC's.
This meant a few adaptions, but we were very impressed with the level of
compatibility between HtBasic and HpBasic.

I am not sure if the DOS HtBasic-version differs a lot from the windows-
version; it might differ in the real-time support, at least. The HtBasic
windows-version is quite new, where the HtBasic 286 have been around for a
while, so you might want to try one of the DOS-based versions.

We already had decided to "re-engineer" our applications on C++, but this
port gives us the time to do it right.

I do not know of any converters that will convert Rocky Mountain Basic, but
I too will be interested if anybody knows one.

Henrik Scheel
My name is NOT Jack, he just ordered this account!
Danish Geotechnical Institute + Phone: + 45 45 88 44 44
Maglebjergvej 1 + Fax : + 45 45 88 12 40
2800 Lyngby + PLEASE state name of recipient in text,
DK DANMARK + we are SHARING this address!