Re: Request: Peter D. Mosses/Actions Semantics Contact Address

pdm@daimi.aau.dk (Peter D. Mosses)
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:23:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Request: Peter D. Mosses/Actions Semantics Contact Address tbrannon@mars.eecs.lehigh.edu (1995-08-03)
Re: Request: Peter D. Mosses/Actions Semantics Contact Address pdm@daimi.aau.dk (1995-08-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: pdm@daimi.aau.dk (Peter D. Mosses)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:23:51 GMT

tbrannon@mars.eecs.lehigh.edu (tbrannon) writes:

> I read an excellent book while I was in Taiwan called Action
> Semantics. Action Semantics supposedly improves on Scott and Strachey's
> Denotational Semantics in several ways.

Thanks! (Although you could have left out `supposedly' :-)

> I would like:
> 1) To obtain Peter D. Mosses' Ph.D Dissertation: "Mathematical
> Semantics and Compiler Generation" done at the University of Oxford.

It really is very much out of date by now. But if you send me a mail
explaining what you are interested in, I'll let you know whether or
not you might be better off with some more recent paper.

> 2) To join the action semantics mailing list

That's easy - I'm adding you now.

But sending messages to comp.compilers is not the right way to do it!
One should either:

* Send a message with your full name and postal address to
    action-request@daimi.aau.dk

or:

* On WWW, open URL http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~thales/as/AS.html,
    click on "Action Semantics Mailing List" and fill in the form at the end.

The mailing list has actually been quite dormant in recent months,
apart from announcements of new books and papers.

= Peter D. Mosses | pdmosses@brics.aau.dk |
= BRICS | BRICS: Basic Research |
= Dept. of Computer Science | in Computer Science |
= University of Aarhus | Phone: +45 8942 3360 |
= Ny Munkegade, Bldg. 540 | Direct: +45 8942 3364 |
= DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark | Fax: +45 8942 3255 |