Re: Byte-Code compiler references

kik@zia.cray.com (Krishna Ksheerabdhi)
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 04:19:19 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Byte-Code compiler references sby@cs.usask.ca (S.Bharadwaj Yadavalli) (1995-07-20)
Re: Byte-Code compiler references davis@wln.com (1995-07-27)
Re: Byte-Code compiler references perfry@got.wmdata.se (Per Frykenvall) (1995-08-02)
Re: Byte-Code compiler references kik@zia.cray.com (1995-08-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: kik@zia.cray.com (Krishna Ksheerabdhi)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 04:19:19 GMT

> From: davis@wln.com (Ryan Davis)
>
> I've asked and looked... I didn't get much...
>
> The last is Java, which I've been told that there is an actual FORMALIZED
> paper available on the net describing the technical aspects of Java's
> bytecode compiling/interpreting scheme... I haven't found it and would
> like to get it... If you get any details on this, or any other
> information, I'd LOVE to get it...

Check out ACM SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 30, Number 3, March 1995
It is the proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Intermediate
Representations '95.

Couple of 'bytecode' papers are of interest -

Java Intermediate Bytecodes
Clarity MCode ...

And the one that is really cool is on MCode (for Middle code). It seems more
powerful that Bytecode (at least the kind Java uses), and the paper is a nice
read.

Cheers,
ksh
--
Ksheerabdhi Krishna
Cray Research, Inc. Phone: (505) 988-2468 (x28)