Object File Extractions

traynor@netcom.com (Christopher Traynor)
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:55:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Object File Extractions traynor@netcom.com (1995-07-20)
Re: Object File Extractions nahshon@vnet.ibm.com (1995-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: traynor@netcom.com (Christopher Traynor)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:55:42 GMT

All:
I've been looking at the BFD library in order to get an idea
how difficult it would be to extract a function or symbol from
an object file and write it out to another (new) object file.
Does anyone have any information that they can point me towards
so that I can get a handle on doing this? I read all the docs
and some of the code to be able to iterate over the symbols, but
I'm having trouble writing out the new object file when I want
to pull out an arbitrary function.
Also, if anyone knows of a source of good information on the
relocation entries, please pass that along too.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
Chris
[It'd be a pain. Don't forget you have to copy all of the external refs from
thecode you extract, too. -John]