gcc etc.

tfl@mbunix.mitre.org (Thomas F Litant)
Sat, 1 Jul 1995 02:34:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
gcc etc. tfl@mbunix.mitre.org (1995-07-01)
Re: gcc etc. gbcacm@ccs.neu.edu (1995-07-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: tfl@mbunix.mitre.org (Thomas F Litant)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 1995 02:34:26 GMT

I would appreciate greatly pointers to where I could get the following info:
1. Has anyone done a recent comparison of gcc and the various commercial
compilers available for the SPARC? I am interested in performance and
optimization details, rather than specific functionality and
standards compliance.
2. Is there a good source of information on gcc internals, e.g. parsing,
optimization, symbol table, intermediate code, etc.? I'm thinking of
a published volume, not the readme files, header files, etc. included
in the gcc distribution.

Thanks much in advanced.
Tom Litant