Compiler positions available for week ending June 25

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sun, 25 Jun 1995 12:00:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 25 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-06-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 12:00:00 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: KJS@spi.com (KJS)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 8:33:17 CST
Subject: C++ Compiler Dev. DFW,TX

  QuickMessenger Mail
C++ Compiler Dev. DFW,TX

This person will participate in the design and implementation of a C++
compiler system including compiler front end and associated libraries. The
C++ compiler will constitute one component of a multi-platform and multiple
front-end compiler system for high-performance, multiprocessor computer
systems.
Requirements: This is a senior level position. Candidates must have four or
more years industry experience with significant experience in developing
production quality compilers. Substantial familiarity with C++ is required,
either from use of C++, or from developing C++ compilers.
In addition the individual should have experience in a number of the
following areas: object-oriented languages and methodologies, multiprocessor
systems, compiler optimization and code generation, C compiler development,
and Unix systems programming. Large project design experience is required.
Project or technical leadership experience is highly desirable.
Education:MS or PhD in computer science (or related area). A BS degree, with
suitable industry experience will also be considered.
Special Skills:The successful candidate must have good oral and written
communication skills. The candidate should enjoy working on a modest sized
and tightly integrated group project. The candidate must be self motivated
and self directed. The candidate should have a "big picture" view of project
development that spans all phases of software development. The candidate
should be motivated to contribute to the design, implementation, testing,
and release of this project.

Please refer to JO# JO2006KJS in your response

We accept resumes by fax at 713-496-0373, by email in plain ascii text at
kjs@spi.com, or by regular mail at P.O. Box 19949, Houston, TX 77224-9949.

-------------------------------

From: resumes@NeXT.COM
Subject: Compiler Engineer - NeXT Computer, RWC, CA
Date: 21 Jun 1995 21:42:13 GMT

NeXT Computer Inc. located in Redwood City, CA is currently searching to
fill the following position. If you are interested or know of persons
fitting the profile described please send resume to "resumes@next.com" or
fax to Staffing Manager at 415-780-4554.

Please feel free to view our NeXT Computer WWW Page with exciting
information about our open positions and new products. To access the Web
the command is <URL:http://www.next.com/HumanResources.

In addition, NeXT's Open Positions page is linked to CareerMosaic on the
WWW.
Position: Compiler and Runtime Engineer
Department: Development Environment

Primary responsibilities:
Design, development and maintenance of the Objective C, C, and C++
compilers and runtime systems.

Specific Responsibilities:
o maintenance and bug fixing for gcc and the Objective C runtime
o coordinating changes with FSF and NeXT's porting groups
o implementation of new compiler and runtime features
o responsible for portions of the debugger that has to do with
dynamic shared libraries
o improving our C++ support in general
o optimizations of the Objective C runtime for shared libraries
o improving the performance of the shared library codegeneration

Position Requirements:
o experience with working on compilers
o interest in working on runtime systems
o knowledge of at least one machine architecture including stack
frame layouts and calling conventions
o knowledge of debuggers, assemblers, loaders helpful
o experience with optimizing software systems in general would be a
plus.
o experience working with FSF would be a plus
o experience working with GCC would be a plus

Education and Experience:
B.S in Computer Science or related field,
and 2+ years of applicable experience.

Additional Success Factors:
Seeks high degree of reliability in their work.

Contact Information:

Email "resumes@next.com"

FAX: 1-415-780-3931

Address: NeXT Computer Inc.
900 Chesapeake Drive
Redwood City, CA 94063

NeXT Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.

-------------------------------

From: zack@risc.sps.mot.com (David Zack)
Subject: Job at Motorola
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 18:42:38 -0500 (CDT)

Motorola RISC Software Group, part of the RISC Division responsible
for the PowerPC (tm), is seeking a Product Engineer to support our
highly optimizing PowerPC compilers and tools for Power Macintosh (tm),
Windows NT (tm), and Unix (tm).

Working with Development to identify and correct problems found in
the field, you'll participate in compiler and tools development,
assist Marketing in Trade Shows, support our Independent Software
and Hardware Vendor partners, measure our success through customer
satisfaction surveys, and answer customer support questions from
phone, fax, email, and World Wide Web.

Our requirements are:

                1) Experience in Compiler/Linker development/support.
                2) Windows NT OR Macintosh experience A MUST.
                3) Unix experience helpful.
                4) Language (VC++, C, C++, assembly, FORTRAN), tool writing and
                      scripts, HTML experience.
                5) Timing and Architectural Simulator experience helpful.
                6) You must have customer support experience and enjoy
                      working with customers to solve their problems.
                7) Must be a fast learner, technically skilled, people
                      oriented and customer driven.

If you really enjoy solving problems, making customers happy, and
working with world class compilers - and great people - send your
cover letter and resume to:

                David Zack, MD: OE112
RISC Software Customer Support Manager
Motorola
6501 William Cannon Drive West
Austin, Texas 78735-8598

or email zack@pets.sps.mot.com
or fax 512-891-3798

No phone calls please....

Motorola is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

--
| David M. Zack - RISC Software | Internet: zack@pets.sps.mot.com |
| Semiconductor Products Sector | Voice: (512) 891-6491 |

-------------------------------

From: search@u-aizu.ac.jp (search)
Subject: Academic position in Japan
Date: 23 Jun 1995 01:50:59 GMT

A faculty position is open in the Language Processing Systems Lab at
the University of Aizu, Japan at the equivalent to Assistant or
Associate Professor depending on qualifications and experience.
Current research interests within the
lab include natural language processing, logic and functional
programming, parallel processing and parallel processing languages.
Anyone with research interests in the broad area of language
processing including - but not necessarily limited to these areas -
is encouraged to apply. Teaching duties, no matter what the research
interests, must include the ability to teach basic compiler
techniques and programming languages. Being able to teach in
Japanese is an important asset but not a necessity. The working
language of the Lab as well as most of the University is English.
Conditions of
employment are identical to those described in the original
advertisement for the University which appeared in the April, 1992
issue of the Communications of the ACM (page 154).

Information about the
University of Aizu may be found at the following location on the WWW:

http://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/

Applications will be initially accepted until July 7th and a
selection process will be begun immediately. It is not likely that
any interviews will take place before September. If suitable
candidates are not found from those applying, the post will be
readvertised.

Please send three copies of your resume and a list of three
referees (hard copy only!) to

Chairperson
Software Department Faculty Search Committee
University of Aizu
Aizu Wakamatsu 965-80 Japan

Send a message to search@u-aizu.ac.jp saying that you are applying
and sending your resume. Other inquiries to this e-mail address.
Do NOT send resumes via e-mail!

-------------------------------

From: ercoline@starman.convex.com (Larry Ercoline)
Subject: Compiler job at Convex, DFW TX
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 22:43:19 CDT

Compiler Performance Analyst

The compiler performance analyst will be involved with identifying
opportunities for improving compiler optimizations on important applications
as well as developing performance test suites to provide coverage for
potential optimization regressions.

Candidates for this position should have strong analytical skills as well as
experience with improving the performance of applications. Familiarity with
Fortran, C, and some assembly language are highly desirable. Knowledge of
advanced compiler optimization is a plus. Experience in optimizing programs
on parallel architectures is also a plus.

Requires a BS/MSCS or equivalent. Permanent residency required.
Interested applicants should:
EMAIL: resumes@convex.cor or FAX: 214/497-4626 or
MAIL: Convex Computer, 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080

-------------------------------

From: ercoline@starman.convex.com (Larry Ercoline)
Subject: Compiler Tools job at Convex, DFW TX
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 22:48:35 CDT

Convex Computer Corporation located in Richardsom, TX, a suburb 10
miles north of Dallas, has an opening for:

                                          Compiler/Tools Development Engineer

  The Development Tools group is looking for an individual to make tool
  and compiler level enhancements to Convex's interactive performance
  analyzer (CXpa) and symbolic program debugger (CXdb). These tools
  support debugging and profiling of highly optimized parallel
  applications. The compiler/tools interface represents a key component
  in multiple front-end compiler system that is targeted for
  high-performance, multiprocessor computer systems.

  Requirements:

  Candidates should be familiar with all phases of compilation. In
  addition candidates should have experience in a number of the
  following areas: object-oriented development, C++, multiprocessor
  systems, compiler optimization and code generation, HP object file
  formats, and Unix systems programming. Experience in development of
  symbolic debuggers and program performance analysis tools is highly
  desirable.

  Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills. The
  candidate should enjoy working on a modest sized and tightly
  integrated group project. The candidate must be self motivated and
  self directed. The candidate should be motivated to contribute to the
  design, implementation, testing, and release of these products.

  Education:

  MS or PhD in compute science or a BS degree, with suitable industry
  experience.

  Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full
  time basis. CONVEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).

Interested candidates should:
EMAIL: resumes@convex.com or FAX: 214/497-4626 or

From: zack@risc.sps.mot.com (David Zack)

Motorola RISC Software Group, part of the RISC Division responsible
for the PowerPC (tm), is seeking a Product Engineer to support our
highly optimizing PowerPC compilers and tools for Power Macintosh (tm),
Windows NT (tm), and Unix (tm).

Working with Development to identify and correct problems found in
the field, you'll participate in compiler and tools development,
assist Marketing in Trade Shows, support our Independent Software
and Hardware Vendor partners, measure our success through customer
satisfaction surveys, and answer customer support questions from
phone, fax, email, and World Wide Web.

Our requirements are:

                1) Experience in Compiler/Linker development/support.
                2) Windows NT OR Macintosh experience A MUST.
                3) Unix experience helpful.
                4) Language (C, C++, assembly, FORTRAN), tool writing and
                      scripts, HTML experience.
                5) Timing and Architectural Simulator experience helpful.
                6) You must have customer support experience and enjoy
                      working with customers to solve their problems.
                7) Must be a fast learner, technically skilled, people
                      oriented and customer driven.

If you really enjoy solving problems, making customers happy, and
working with world class compilers - and great people - send your
cover letter and resume to:

Job: Product Engineer, RISC Software

                Jerry Bostic
Motorola
505 Barton Springs Road
Austin, Texas 78704

or fax 512-505-8811

From: play10s@ix.netcom.com (Greg Buechler)
Subject: Compiler/Computer Architect, Intel Corp, Santa Clara CA

Job description:
Member of the architecture group of one of Intel's next generation
microprocessor. Experiment with different compiler scheduling
algorithms to improve performance and to support architecture and
micro-architecture experiments. Tune existing compilers to enable
performance analysis of future generation processors. Participate in
performance analysis tools definition and development.

Background:
MS/PhD CS/CE +2/3 year experience
Solid understanding of advanced computer architecture concepts. Working

knowledge of compilers. Experience in Code scheduling and machine
specific optimization is a plus. Experience in Performance analysis
tools and methodology.

To respond to this posting, pleas send an ASCII version of your
background to me either at

Greg_Buechler@ccm.sc.intel.com or play10s@ix.netcom.com

You can also fax a copy of your resume (please use highest resolotion)
at 408-765-5170.

Greg Buechler
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Intel Corporation
2200 Mission College Blvd., MS SC4-111
Santa Clara CA 95052

Intel Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports
EEO/AA practices. Intel also supports a drug-free environment and
requires that all offers of employment be contingent on satisfactory
passing an NIDA approved pre-employment drug screening.