Symbol table designs

Yuan-Chi Chiu <ychiu@cs.UCR.edu>
Tue, 9 May 1995 05:10:04 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Symbol table designs ychiu@cs.UCR.edu (Yuan-Chi Chiu) (1995-05-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Yuan-Chi Chiu <ychiu@cs.UCR.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 05:10:04 GMT

Hello all,

    I'm designing a compiler for a class. The language is a language having
syntax similar to that of any procedural languages such as C, Pascal, ADA,
etc. Static scoping of variable is supported.

    What are some of the data structures useful for implementing a symbol
table that stores the informations about each named entity (size, name,
type, class, lexical level, etc.)?

    I wish to get a survey of this area, ordering from the conceptually
cleanest design to the most efficient structures used today.

    If you have a suggest, please send me a e-mail; I'm also open to any
books that discuss this particular subject in great detail.

Thank you!!
| Yuan-chi (Bill) Chiu. ychiu@cs.ucr.edu http://cs.ucr.edu/~ychiu |