C++ grammar, parsers, etc.

sharring@cs.tamu.edu (Steven L Harrington)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:34:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ grammar, parsers, etc. sharring@cs.tamu.edu (1995-04-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sharring@cs.tamu.edu (Steven L Harrington)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:34:51 GMT

Hello,

I am interested in tools, either commercial or roll-my-own, which can
parse C++ code. I am trying to compile a list of available options
for such a task. To date, here is what I've found:

1) Roskind's C++ grammar (cumbersome and out of date)
2) PCCTS toolset with recently released C++ grammar
3) C++ Auditor by Declarative Systems, Inc.

That list seems *much* too small, so I am hoping for some pointers to
other options. Also, any opinions as to the merits (or lack thereof)
of any of the choices would be appreciated.

Please email me. I will post a summary of my findings at a later date,
if there is interest.

Thanks, Steve Harrington
Texas A&M University
sharring@cs.tamu.edu