Compiler positions available for week ending March 5

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 13:00:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 5 compilers@iecc.com (2000-03-06)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 5 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-03-06)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 5 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-03-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 13:00:00 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 10:19:38 EST
From: Dave.Barberi@bsigate.Bentley.COM
Subject: JOB: Compiler Developer, Bentley Systems, Exton, PA, USA

        Compiler Developer

        We are BENTLEY SYSTEMS, INC., a growing CAD software company and the
        developers of the MicroStation family of products, the highest-rated
        desktop CAD products in the world. Our expanding family of products
        delivers leading edge technology to support professional CAD users in
        engineering design, drafting, solid modeling, visualization and mobile
        computing.

        We are currently seeking exceptional software engineers with extensive
        experience in C and C ++ programming, engineering and scientific
        applications and computer graphics. Bentley offers unmatched
        opportunities for motivated and talented developers to work on
        challenging projects.

        We have an immediate opening for a high level programming language
        compiler developer with these qualifications:

        - M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science
        - expert familiarity with C, C++ programming languages
        - actual implementation of at least one language compiler
        - experience with librarians, resource compilers, debuggers
        - 3-5 years of development experience for commercial products

        For consideration, email your resume and salary requirements to:

        personnel@bentley.com

        Or mail to:

        Personnel Department, SD4
        Bentley Systems, Inc.,
        690 Pennsylvania Drive,
        Exton, PA 19341.

        Or fax to: 610-458-1060.

        Please be sure to include the position number (SD4) in all replies
        EOE M/F/D/V.

-------------------------------

Subject: HP Compiler Jobs, Cupertino
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 17:43:23 -0800
From: Paul Chan <pc@hpclopt.cup.hp.com>

Hewlett-Packard Company has an immediate need for engineers in the
area of compiler development in our Cupertino, California Languages
Lab. These are all full-time positions.

Description of positions:

    Compiler front-end developer - design, implement, and test compiler
    front-end components. You will work closely with the code generation and
    optimization groups to develop the compiler products for HP's next
    generation computer architecture.

    Code generation developer - design, implement, and test the code generation
    component for the new generation computer architecture.

    Low-level optimization developer - design, implement, and test state-of-the-
    art optimization techniques in the areas of instruction scheduling, register
    allocation, global optimizations, memory hierarchy management and predicated
    execution. You will work closely with architecture and hardware groups and
    optimize the system design with the best tradeoffs between compiler
    optimization, architecture and processor implementation. You will have the
    opportunity to work on compiler optimization for the next generation computer
    architecture.

    Linker and loader toolset developer - design, implement, and test new linker
    and loader technology to be deployed by the next generation computer
    architecture.

    All of these exciting positions have ample room for growth and will
    contribute significantly to HP's success in the next decade.

Requirements for Above Position:

o BS, MS or Ph.D degree in Computer Science.
o Solid understanding of compiler construction.
o Solid understanding of compiler optimization fundamentals and theory.
o Strong background in computer architecture and processor micro-architecture.
o Strong understanding of how architecture, compilers and processor
      implementation impact performance.
o Previous design and implementation experience in compiler optimizations
o Strong communication and teamwork skills.

To apply for these positions contact:

           Julie Rygaard
                                MailStop 100D
HP Bay Area Staffing
Pacific Technology Park
1266 Kifer Rd.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
                                Fax# 408-773-6302
         email: julie_rygaard@hp2200.desk.hp.com

The California Languages Lab is responsible for delivering computer language
products for all HP Computer systems based on the PA-RISC architecture. We
have delivered industry leading compiler products and state-of-the-art
optimization technology in our compilers and have helped HP achieve
breakthrough performance for its computer systems. We emphasis teamwork,
initiative, innovation and appropriate risk-taking. You will work with
a highly motivated and successful team.

Hewlett-Packard is one of the world's leaders in the research,
development and manufacturing of computing and electronic measuring
equipment for people in business, industry, science, engineering,
health care and education. HP completed its 1994 fiscal year with over
$25 billion in total revenue and rated number two in the U.S. and
number three worldwide in total combined computer systems, software
and peripherals revenue. The company has enjoyed steady growth and no
unprofitable quarters throughout its history.

-------------------------------

From: stodghil@CS.Cornell.EDU (Paul Stodghill)
Subject: Tenure-track position in CS at Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, USA
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 13:46:59 GMT

[ I am posting this at the request of a colleague at Dickinson. Paul. ]

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a tenure-track
position in its major program in Computer Science starting fall 1995.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in computer science and a strong interest in
combining teaching with research. We especially encourage candidates in
systems or architecture, but all areas will be considered. Department
facilities include four computer labs (containing Suns, Macs, and IBM PCs).
Dickinson is a highly selective liberal arts college with about 1,800
students.

Please send resume, three letters of recommendation, academic transcripts,
and a statement of teaching and research interests by March 17 to Nancy
Baxter Hastings, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Dickinson
College, Carlisle, PA 17013, or fax the above to 717-245-1690. Inquiries
may be made to baxter_n@dickinson.edu. AA/EOE

--
Paul Stodghill <stodghil@cs.cornell.edu>

-------------------------------

From: McLret@ix.netcom.com (McLaughlin)
Subject: Programmer wanted, familiarity with Microsoft C and SDTS, Tigerline and MapInfo preferred
Date: 2 Mar 1995 22:42:48 GMT

If you are a programmer familiar with SDTS data, (US govt. to be used
for dispersement of geographically referenced data), FIPS 123, etc would
be great. Project is to develop a program that reads Tigerline data and
creates an output file that can be read by MapInfo, basically, a Tiger
to Mapinfo translator for sell to Geographic Information Systems users
who prefer to create their own street, line and polygon files from
federally available Tiger Data.

The programmer will be an independent contractor and will receive
substantial royalties from commercial application of the program

Gerald McLaughlin
McLaughlin Retail
2386 Fair Oaks Blvd
Suite 203